Western Historical Group Post Tour & Monday's Do Not Forsake Me Teaser #8

To help celebrate the reissue of OUTLAW HEARTS and the debut of DO NOT FORSAKE ME, I will be guest posting for a Western Historical group post tour beginning today, April 27th and continuing through May 8th! Some blogs have chosen a topic or asked questions, and some will let me choose what to write about. No two posts will be the same, and I've had a ball writing each and every one! Click on the blog names on the dates listed below to learn a little more about me and my books -- and just have fun!

May 4th - Talk Supe Blog

Available July 7, 2015
Pre-Order!


(Jake has learned some terrible news – his beloved Randy, the woman he loves more than his own life, is very ill – she wakes up groggy from sedatives and Jake is trying very hard to lighten the moment, not wanting to tell her the truth (or even face it himself), which leads to the following conversation after he’s crawled into bed with her that morning …)

(Jake speaking) … “You’ve been out like you went on a drinking binge. You even talked to me, but like a drunk woman. You don’t remember?”

“No! I don’t remember a thing!” Randy turned onto her back. “What did you do to me after you undressed me?”

He grinned. “Unspeakable things … horrible … shameful … unspeakable things. You don’t even want to know. You’d never talk to me again. I’d be out in somebody’s dog house if I told you.”

She pushed at him. “You did not.”

“Oh, I figured I’d take advantage of the situation and I did all the things you’ve always been too embarrassed to let me do. Only the worst prostitute in the worst brothel in Oklahoma would let me do such things.”

Randy couldn’t help a smile. “And how would you know that?”

“I’ve seen it all and done it all.” He met her mouth in a deep kiss. “It was great.”

“You’d better be lying,” she told him when he moved his kisses back to her throat.

“I never lie to you. You have been properly ravished, mi querida. We had nothing but disrespectful sex last night.”

“Is there such a thing?”

“You bet. I got to know things about you I never realized in twenty-six years of sleeping with you.”

She laughed softly. “You’re being mean.”

“Mean is what I’m known for.”

Randy studied his eyes and saw the hint of fear behind all the joking. “What did Brian tell you?”

His smile faded a little. “He told me it’s okay to have sex with you.”

Her eyes widened. “ You didn’t ask him about that!”

“Of course I did. Do you think our son-in-law doesn’t know we still frolic in bed?”

“Jake, I will never be able to face him again.”

“Mrs. Harkner, who are you married to?”

“Jake Harkner.”

“Do you really think those closest to us don’t know a man like me still enjoys women?”

“Women? As in plural?”

“You know what I mean.”

“I’m not sure I do. Did you really just take a bath at that brothel the last time you were gone?” she teased.

“I really did.”

“And who helped bathe you?”

“Me, myself and I.”

Randy grinned. “I’m not sure I believe that.”

“Who loves you more than his own life?”

“You.”

“And there is your answer.”

He started to kiss her again but she put her hand over his mouth. “What did Brian tell you? You’re avoiding the answer, Jake.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment