Feature Friday Block Party Blog Hop!


Welcome - I'm attending the very first Feature Friday Block Party Blog Hop! Please #FF me on Twitter - My Handle is @RosanneBittner. Today I'm sharing melt-in-your mouth BBQ Ribs and a teaser from my upcoming release DESPERATE HEARTS.


Sweet and Spicy Barbecued Spareribs with a Touch of Rum


INGREDIENTS:
4 pounds pork spareribs
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup chile sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 dash ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut spareribs into serving size portions, wrap in double thickness of foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap, and drain drippings. (I usually freeze the drippings to use later in soups.) Place ribs in a large roasting pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chile sauce, garlic, mustard, and pepper. Coat ribs with sauce and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.

3. Preheat grill for medium heat. Position grate four inches above heat source.


4. Brush grill grate with oil. Place ribs on grill, and cook for 30 minutes, basting with marinade.


Teaser

Ma Kelly chuckled. “Come on. I’ll show you to your room, and Mitch can find somebody to bring over the rest of your things.” She turned to Mitch. “And you, young man, as soon as you arrange for this young lady’s belongings, you come back here and go to your room and get some sleep.” 

Go to your room? “You live here?” Elizabeth asked Mitch. 

Mitch grinned, “Does it bother you that I live here, too?” 

Elizabeth felt herself blushing. “I’m just surprised, that’s all.” … She was not sure she liked the idea of Mitch Brady sleeping in the same house. Was that why he’d brought her here?



SHE'S A WOMAN WITH A SECRET
Elizabeth Wainright is on the run. Accused of a murder she didn't commit, she has no choice but to cut ties with her old life and flee West. The last thing she wants is attention, but when her stagecoach is attacked, she suddenly finds herself under the fierce protection of one of Montana's famed vigilantes ... whether she likes it or not ...

HE'S A MAN WITH A CODE
Lawman Mitch Brady is sworn to uphold justice in the wilds of Montana. He's never met a man he's feared, and he's never met a woman more desperately in need of his help. Something's shaken the secretive Elizabeth, but as he gets to know the beautiful city belle, he finds the only thing he wants more than her safety is her trust. - Elizabeth longs to give herself to Mitch, but when her past finally catches up with her, can she truly trust the vigilante who's stolen her heart ... with her life?"

DESPERATE HEARTS is set in 1880's Montana and is packed with "wild west" action, a good share of humor, and lots of romance!

Also, I just got publication dates from Sourcebooks for the reissue of my 1993 book OUTLAW HEARTS AND the sequel which I just completed, DO NOT FORSAKE ME! OUTLAW HEARTS will be on the shelves (and available for e-readers) in June 2015, with DO NOT FORSAKE ME immediately following in July 2015!

Jake Harkner is one of my all-time favorite heroes, and I'm happy that you'll be able to meet him in a brand-new edition of the first book, and follow his story in the sequel that I had wanted to write for 20 years! I am still having trouble leaving Jake, and there is more to the story -- so, I am hoping my publishers will go along with my idea for a third book. Needless to say, the Sourcebooks reprint and DO NOT FORSAKE ME will feature all-new covers, which I'll share as soon as I receive them.

Visit with the other Party Guests!



1 comments: